Monday, January 5, 2009

We're Off!!

Click to see full-sized, and to get the credits!

The race has begun!!  The first challenge was posted early this morning.  I was so anxious to get scrapping that I went ahead and completed it!!  The challenge posted was to tear a picture into three or more pieces, and to use journaling.  

When I was working on this LO, I wanted to make sure that it was a LO I would be happy with whether it was satisfying the needs of the challenge or not... I wanted to be more subtle in my incorporation of the challenge requirements, so that my layout was my layout that happened to incorporate the challenge, rather than made just for that purpose.  I think it turned out well--I've been looking forward to using this kit by Kasia, and I think it works here!

The tearing was an interesting challenge.  I used some paper curls that I found in my stash, and I like the way the result turned out.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What a lovely page, Grace! I almost wish I hadn't seen it before I started my own.... :)

Tyggereye said...

This is great. Good luck you guys!!