Monday, January 26, 2009

Nicole's Layouts So Far

I haven't been very good about posting my layouts as I "race", so here's what I've done so far. (Click on the photos for credits.)

Challenge #1 was all about Meg. This was right after she came home from her sleepover at the vet, and things were a little stressful. The challenge for this layout was to rip the photo into at least three pieces. I also tried to grunge up the photo a bit and make it look like it had been sitting in my pocket for a couple days. Even though I hadn't actually printed out the photo to put in my pocket, Meg was on my mind 24-7!

Challenge #2 required Grace and I to work on a "Cabin Fever" layout together. We used her photo since she had the perfect cabin fever story. I'll let her share it with you since she can tell the story better than I can (after all, she was there!).

Challenge #3 was to re-scrap the oldest layout I'd posted in a gallery. Since I've really only posted to one gallery, I didn't have much to choose from. I didn't love this challenge simply because I really like the FIRST layout I did with this photo. This one here will probably never make it into a printed album, especially since all of the journaling had to be the same as on the original layout. Oh well, at least I was able to experiment with turning a normal photo into a film negative.Here's the original layout that I had to re-scrap.Challenge #4 was to be artsy-fartsy and use wings, paint splatters, glitter, etc. I like the way this page came out. And yes, Meg is the star of the show again!
Challenge #5 required me to use three unique frames and no pictures. Yikes! What's the point of scrapbooking if you can't use pictures?! Some scrappers create digi-scrap collages that are art in and of themselves, but I prefer to scrapbook the traditional way. For me, scrapbooking is all about recording my story for posterity. Challenge #6 required me to scraplift one of Grace's layouts. I copied the layout she did for Challenge #5, which Grace will post soon.
That's all for now! Stay tuned for more layouts and interviews. :)

No comments: